The former Police Station, recently acquired by Wetherspoons, has been a local landmark in New Malden since the early 1890s. Built to police the fast developing town, it opened in 1892, complete with a covered parade ground, cells and a measuring rack for prisoners. The local headquarters, however, were in nearby Kingston, where the first police station had been built in 1825. Known as "the Watch House", it provided a meeting place for the Borough's watchmen, and was abandoned when the area became part of the Metropolitan Police District in 1840.
High Street, New Malden, Greater London, KT3 4ES
Facilities include: Outside Seating, Real Ale, WiFi (free), Traditional, Beer, Wine , Guinness Quality Accredited, Bar Snacks, Restaurant, Cask Marque,
Mon - Thu: 09:00 - 23:00
Fri - Sat: 09:00 - 23:30
Sun: 10:00 - 22:30